Where is the best place to go to have a file made?

General discussion topics
BillCollins

Where is the best place to go to have a file made?

Post by BillCollins » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:39 pm

I just bought my printer. I am totally new to this,so it will take a while for me to learn to design items. In the meantime, what sites are recommended to have files made to my specifications?
I have a few things that really won't be that hard to do for someone familiar with design. Thanks!!

kartcrg

Re: Where is the best place to go to have a file made?

Post by kartcrg » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:22 am

We do design work. http://brchndesignhouse.com/

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:17 pm

The moderator here, Insta, does design work and printing very inexpensively, and he's got a stable of six machines (or seven now?) so he can knock large orders out PDQ. You can send him a private message for a quote on your jobs. :D

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3328

Jim has multiple machines too (beautiful ones) - Not sure if he takes outside orders though, you'd have to ask. And several of the other guys might take orders as well. You'll get very professional results by just posting your need to have a job printed, with a good description, and then send the specs to whoever replies. Probably a lot of guys here can handle small orders. :D

BillCollins

Post by BillCollins » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 am

Thanks for the feedback. I want to do the printing myself. Just need the file made to my specs. I will PM when ready. Just got my machine in and have not had the time to unbox and set up.Looking forward to getting into it.

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:26 pm

I do design work. I'm a full time solidworks designer. Depending on what you need I can be very reasonable on pricing. If not free if it's something very simple.

insta

Post by insta » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:34 am

Jules wrote:The moderator here, Insta, does design work and printing very inexpensively, and he's got a stable of six machines (or seven now?) so he can knock large orders out PDQ. You can send him a private message for a quote on your jobs. :D

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3328

Jim has multiple machines too (beautiful ones) - Not sure if he takes outside orders though, you'd have to ask. And several of the other guys might take orders as well. You'll get very professional results by just posting your need to have a job printed, with a good description, and then send the specs to whoever replies. Probably a lot of guys here can handle small orders. :D
:D
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org