Cool LED Mod for M2?

General discussion topics
jdlev

Cool LED Mod for M2?

Post by jdlev » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:51 am

Anyone have any cool LED mods for the M2? Maybe like some LED spotlights on the print area?

apk

Re: Cool LED Mod for M2?

Post by apk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:31 am

There's some discussion of adding LED light strips to the M2 frame here: Where to get 12v power for an LED light strip?

(A mod I'm definitely looking into... as I have a few feet of LED light strip just looking for a good home)

jdlev

Post by jdlev » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:58 am

Hey apk,

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I've got a 5m strip of LED's and other single LED's I've been looking to use for a while. I'm not sure if I can separate the LED strip into sections though...I'm sure it can probably be done, I've just never done it before.

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Look at the strip and check if the LEDs are arranged in sections of about 3 or so. There is usually a dividing line with 2-4 solder pads on both sides. In between those pads is where you make the cut. Then solder your leads on.
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

InterlightTechnology

Post by InterlightTechnology » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 am

jdlev wrote:Anyone have any cool LED mods for the M2? Maybe like some LED spotlights on the print area?
Hello jdlev,
I also have the same query. Can anyone give the proper solution to it?
Every response will be appreciated.......!!
Thanks.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 pm

InterlightTechnology wrote:
jdlev wrote:Anyone have any cool LED mods for the M2? Maybe like some LED spotlights on the print area?
Hello jdlev,
I also have the same query. Can anyone give the proper solution to it?
Every response will be appreciated.......!!
Thanks.
Just finished doing headlights.. see this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6598

Farr0wn3d

Post by Farr0wn3d » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:25 am

Here is what I've done for LED mods. I have bare tape lighting on the printer itself, for illuminating the print. For the enclosure, I have aluminum corner extrusion with tape lighting inside of a frosted lens. I have dimmer circuits for both the printer lighting and the enclosure lighting. If I'm printing overnight, I will turn the lighting down to the lowest setting, so it doesnt illuminate my whole condo, but it can easily be checked on. Sometimes I leave the enclosure lighting on low even when the printer isnt going, just because I like how cool the printer looks inside the case with a subtle glow around it haha... Nerd things.

The printer lighting was awesome, but I dont have very good lighting over my print/computer area, so it was annoying to work on the printer itself if it wasnt bright and sunny outside. The enclosure lighting has made it very pleasant to work on the printer.
Attachments
DSC_0013 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0014 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0016 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0017 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0019 (Medium).JPG

makeal

Post by makeal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 am

Farr0wn3d wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:25 am
Here is what I've done for LED mods. I have bare tape lighting on the printer itself, for illuminating the print. For the enclosure, I have aluminum corner extrusion with tape lighting inside of a frosted lens. I have dimmer circuits for both the printer lighting and the enclosure lighting. If I'm printing overnight, I will turn the lighting down to the lowest setting, so it doesnt illuminate my whole condo, but it can easily be checked on. Sometimes I leave the enclosure lighting on low even when the printer isnt going, just because I like how cool the printer looks inside the case with a subtle glow around it haha... Nerd things.

The printer lighting was awesome, but I dont have very good lighting over my print/computer area, so it was annoying to work on the printer itself if it wasnt bright and sunny outside. The enclosure lighting has made it very pleasant to work on the printer.
Wow that’s awesome. I just got an M2 and would love to build this. Do you have anymore info for the enclosure and lightning?