Any new M2 version in the works? M3, etc.?

General discussion topics
insta

Re: Any new M2 version in the works? M3, etc.?

Post by insta » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm assuming the subscription is less per month than the upgrades would be individually. $50/mo for five printers to get the new bed spider style upgrades every three months.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:48 pm

They'd go broke on you buddy! :lol:

bignordique

Post by bignordique » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:10 pm

In the commercial realm, support contracts for products are very common. Sometimes these support contracts include upgrades to current rev. This is particularly true for software products.

But these support contracts can be quite expensive. I own a piece of relatively inexpensive commercial grade software. Yearly support is $3K. $3K would buy you a whole new M2 every year :D .

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:39 pm

willnewton wrote:Despite all the changes and upgrades, people that do not own an M2 think you are selling a printer that is getting long in the tooth. I have seen several posts to that effect in other forums. I have even seen FB posts trolling an M2 owner for using such an "old printer".
I just made a demonstration at a top-ranked local high school, and the first comment I got was, "Oh, wow, a MakerGear. That's, like, one of the best printers you can get!". I told him, "Clearly, you know your stuff." Smart kid. Anyway, it didn't seem like the MakerGear image was suffering too much.