Makergear New Parts

General discussion topics
jprochnow

Makergear New Parts

Post by jprochnow » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:56 am

A few weeks back I seen a page on the makergear website that had all most of the important parts listed for sale (maybe they were doing testing for the new site). Anyways I'm looking for some new parts that aren't listed and was curious if anyone may know the correct links.

Looking for new black steeper motor.
I found the heated bed http://www.makergear.com/products/hbp

Jules

Re: Makergear New Parts

Post by Jules » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:07 am

Nope, i don't see it either. :?

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:24 am

Looks like I won't need the black z motor after all. It requires a whole new z stage.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:41 am

If you just ordered a new machine - that one should have it.

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:54 am

I managed to get a 2013 model yesterday for a real reasonable price. I was thinking of upgrading it to current gen.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

jprochnow wrote:I managed to get a 2013 model yesterday for a real reasonable price. I was thinking of upgrading it to current gen.
Where do you keep finding these things? :lol:

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 am

I actually had to send the Rev e back yesterday. My youngest son required an ambulance ride this past weekend and a stay in the ER. He is doing better now. Unfortunately my insurance is terrible so I returned the Rev E as i'm going to get hit with a huge bill. I mentioned this to a coworker that has a m2 and he told me he no longer uses it and gave me a good deal on it). My plans are to rebuild it and update to close to current specs.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:01 am

jprochnow wrote:I actually had to send the Rev e back yesterday. My youngest son required an ambulance ride this past weekend and a stay in the ER. He is doing better now. Unfortunately my insurance is terrible so I returned the Rev E as i'm going to get hit with a huge bill. I mentioned this to a coworker that has a m2 and he told me he no longer uses it and gave me a good deal on it). My plans are to rebuild it and update to close to current specs.
Oh man....sorry to hear that. :cry: (Good friend to step up like that.)

We're gonna get hit with a major ER bill here too, any day now - hubs managed to put his leg through a rotten board on the roof of the shed and it got badly infected when they sewed it up without cleaning it out properly. (Luck of the draw...we caught a sloppy ER doc with an attitude that day.)

We did save the leg without additional surgery. (Trying to look at the bright side.)

But it is galling to have to pay for bad medical care, with the sky-high deductibles that are currently the only insurance anybody can afford. (Circling the drain......by the time they realize they've been had, it's too late.) :evil:

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts........

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:21 am

Sorry to hear about that as well. Glad you caught it. Infections are the worst. Gotta love those medical bills. I have a list of parts out to Ryan right now to update the machine. Hopefully it comes out reasonable in cost.

Karl_Williams

Post by Karl_Williams » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:49 pm

You guys should move to Canada where the ER visits are free. Higher taxes though.