The MakerGear Website - input requested

General discussion topics
Jules

Re: The MakerGear Website - input requested

Post by Jules » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Could we see a picture of the 11" x 17" sheet? (It just helps us to help them if we know what they know beforehand.) :)

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Jules - the PDF (zipped) is attached. Feedback is welcome. This is a work in progress based on the impact and feedback from recipients.

Thank you,
Rick
Attachments
Getting Started - M2E Guide (1)-2.pdf.zip
(393.71 KiB) Downloaded 655 times

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Nice! Like the colors....it pops! And it's not too much to overwhelm them either. :D

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks...this is the 2nd iteration. The first iteration is probably still in some of the printers in amazon warehouses. The primary difference is this version goes into more detail for unboxing.

Farr0wn3d

Post by Farr0wn3d » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:29 am

I'm not sure if this is something that fits what Makergear is trying to do but its worth mentioning anyway IMO

When I bought my first M2 it was good for printing in PLA and probably ABS but not much more.. Maybe PETG I dunno. Anyway, after months of researching and ordering parts and lots of trial and error I had a machine that far outperformed the base model of the machine. With the new machine that I just ordered some of those things have been changed and upgraded but theres still room for improvement IMO. I think it would be great to see some of the upgrades that people are commonly doing, available for purchase at the same time as the machine, or even better, another version with upgrades installed would be excellent! For one, lighting would be a great addition. I used to have to use a flashlight to inspect my prints but when I installed the LED strip lighting it made a world of difference, add a dimmer and its phenomenal! The other thing is.. I know a lot of people love the V4 and say its on par with the e3d v6 but in my experience this hasnt been the case. I tried a few times to no avail to get ninjaflex to print with the v4 extruder setup and it would simply bind every time. A machine that comes with an e3d hot end and a sheet of PEI would go a long ways in terms of capability for the more advanced materials. Other upgrades that would be nice would be a REAL PTFE guide tube, quieter fans (especially in the PSU), stepper motor dampers (I think everyone has seen how that thread blew up, and its for good reason.. I forgot how LOUD a stock M2 was until I fired up the new one for the first time!), OH and I would LOVE to see a makergear approved option for a thermocouple upgrade!

I understand that if you offer the parts then you will be expected to stand behind them, so maybe some or all of these ideas are outside of what makergear is willing to offer but I figured it might be worth offering some "advanced" options considering an M2 is already a pretty advanced machine, so its not a stretch for people that might want to push the limits a bit.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

This thread is really about website content but I read and noted your feedback.

I'd be interested to know which materials specifically, in a thread in the Modifications section, that you've had a problem with using the v4. That does not match our experience and a lot of feedback that we've received. I'd like to see some examples of how your machine outperformed the base machine.

For higher temps, you can use an RTD...just need to update the firmware.

We have fans and sound related improvements on the to do list.

Rick

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Please take a look at the new content we posted on Amazon and let us know your feedback (like it, suggest changes, improvements, etc).

Thank you

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:57 pm

rpollack wrote:Please take a look at the new content we posted on Amazon and let us know your feedback (like it, suggest changes, improvements, etc).

Thank you
OUTSTANDING! :D

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank you Jules!

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:43 pm

The Amazon info is excellent and hits on all the points. It is quite clear that this is not the same machine from years ago.

My only suggestion (a very minor one) would be to make the points at the start of the paragraphs, such as "Ready to Use", "Reliable", etc., in bold to increase scannability. That way, if they don't read all the information, they at least take away the most important features.

Nicely done!