The MakerGear Website - input requested

General discussion topics
insta

Re: The MakerGear Website - input requested

Post by insta » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:52 pm

rpollack wrote:Please take a look at the new content we posted on Amazon and let us know your feedback (like it, suggest changes, improvements, etc).

Thank you
Is the "hotend warranty void with 3rd party filaments" part set in stone? Like if somebody uses some generally-known-good PLA @ normal PLA temps (Ultimachine, eSUN, Breathe3DP, etc) and the end of the nozzle falls off, is that still "well, sorry"?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:44 pm

@spotopolis: thank you! we intended to have those in bold but could not find a way in the Amazon interface to actually make it bold. If we can figure that out we'll change it.

@insta: that is the same warranty we've had in place for a long time and it has not been a problem. I think you'll have a hard time finding a "well sorry". The vast majority of our customers are great to deal with but there is a small number that can be unbelievably difficult.

Rick

werner

Post by werner » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Why do you still display these pictures of older vesions of the M2 in the initial page of Amazon?
I think they should show the newest version and concure with your really outstanding description "from the Manufacturar"

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:18 pm

@werner - agreed, we'll get those updated.

tallslenderguy

Post by tallslenderguy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:50 am

From the perspective of someone who is still debating on which printer to buy, the Amazon changes you made are great, so much more informative than before.
Perhaps take the M2e explanation from the bottom and put it at the top: e.g.: "Introducing the newly revised M2e...." For people like me who have been searching the net for information, I've only run into one Makergear printer on youtube, reviews and forums (i.e., the M2). Based on the letter "e" I'm guessing this is the 5th generation and it's very helpful to show the distinction with the list of improvements.

For instance, the previous info I read on Amazon listed only two filaments that were supported, and I only found out from forum reading that the M2 could use pretty much any filament its competitors could use. That was a big deal for me, it's one of the things that took the Zortrax printer out of the running for me.

Another great clarification you have made is the bed leveling. If your buyers have been reading or you tubing, they may have seen the three point adjustment bed, or someone else's self leveling bed. Again, I learned after a great deal of reading and research that the M2 is so solid and stable that once the bed is leveled, it stays level. A person new to 3d printing could easily have the impression that a bed that self levels before every print is a huge and almost necessary innovation because so many of the print nightmares they've read about are related to leveling. Not only would I clarify it's not necessary because of the 'superior parts and stability of the M2' (I used to be in marketing lol), but it saves time not having to go through self leveling steps every time you print (i.e., staid leveling is better than self leveling).

The other flag I'd fly high is the resolution or print quality. I honestly do not know the answer to this one, but my general impression is that the M2 has a better print quality than its primary competitors? It would be a big selling point to me to see actual prints from the M2 demonstrating the specific areas of superiority. Maybe some comparison prints actually showing the differences?

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:21 pm

thank you for the feedback @tallslenderguy

insta

Post by insta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:35 am

tallslenderguy wrote: The other flag I'd fly high is the resolution or print quality. I honestly do not know the answer to this one, but my general impression is that the M2 has a better print quality than its primary competitors? It would be a big selling point to me to see actual prints from the M2 demonstrating the specific areas of superiority. Maybe some comparison prints actually showing the differences?
The M2 has comparable print quality to its market competitors (direct-drive, cartesian-coordinate, fused-filament printers in the > 600 in^3 arena). Its selling points are primarily low cost-per-in^3 in that volume, great support, and high reliability.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

tallslenderguy

Post by tallslenderguy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm

insta wrote:
tallslenderguy wrote: The other flag I'd fly high is the resolution or print quality. I honestly do not know the answer to this one, but my general impression is that the M2 has a better print quality than its primary competitors? It would be a big selling point to me to see actual prints from the M2 demonstrating the specific areas of superiority. Maybe some comparison prints actually showing the differences?
The M2 has comparable print quality to its market competitors (direct-drive, cartesian-coordinate, fused-filament printers in the > 600 in^3 arena). Its selling points are primarily low cost-per-in^3 in that volume, great support, and high reliability.
Thanks insta,
I am learning a lot reading the perspectives of experienced makers. I've learned there are many factors that go into making a great print. Tight tolerances have a big impact when function is in micrometers. The M2 appears to start "tight" and stay that way, and it seems that is reflected by reliable, low cost print quality. The qualities you have noted have kept the M2 in the running for me.

While your point that the "M2 has comparable print quality to its market competitors" is likely 100% accurate, as a potential buyer I am having a hard time finding visual evidence of that (from any company, not just MakerGear). At the risk of sounding like a kid, I want pictures lol. Not pics that look like they came from a dating site, small and blurry in order to hide flaws. I'm not saying MakerGear does this, this is a general impression I have from all the printer companies I've looked at. They almost all have great pics of their printers, even with magnifiers you can hover over the pic so you can see the details, so I know they know how to do this lol. MakerGear is doing a great job demonstrating their stellar customer service. Why not do the same when it comes to showing what can be done with their machine? That's the ultimate reason people buy the printer.

I am having a difficult time finding quality, detailed visual print evidence from any 3d printer company, and it's slowing my purchasing process because I am having to scour internet forums and reviews in search of that evidence. If I see another octopus, I'm going to freak (yeah, I know that's 'the other guys'). Okay, I understand that may be complex print that demonstrates some important qualities, but I wouldn't buy a printer to print octopi, and I have yet to see an up close of that one. I'd love to see it standard for a printer company to provide a link that shows multiple up closeprints from their machines demonstrating different speeds, resolutions and materials. Micro prints and prints that max out their particular printers volume (size, not quantity). I want to see the lines and flaws, or lack of the same. I want an honest visualrepresentation of what can be done with their machine. I don't expect perfection, I know this is an emerging industry. I want to see what I am getting for my money, not just read about it. I believe I am an average consumer when it comes to that and any company who gets that is going to have my business.

tallslenderguy

Post by tallslenderguy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:44 pm

rpollack wrote:thank you for the feedback @tallslenderguy
You're welcome. Thank you for asking.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:06 pm

@tallslenderguy - the Printed Object Showcase is full of projects printed by M2 owners...that is about as real as it gets.