Rev. F?

General discussion topics
Spencer

Rev. F?

Post by Spencer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Hey! I was about to buy me another printer, a dual extruder this time. However I noticed that the Rev. D model (the one I have) only lasted less than a year. The Rev E. anniversary is coming up in a few months and I'm wonder if there is any talk about a new model coming out? I got burned the last time by buying a model D and then the E came out a few months later. I would have gladly waited for the newer model that comes with the auto bed leveling feature seeing how my biggest problem right now is leveling the bed.

Anyways, are there any talks of a Rev. F for dual extruders?

insta

Re: Rev. F?

Post by insta » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:17 am

Spencer wrote:Hey! I was about to buy me another printer, a dual extruder this time. However I noticed that the Rev. D model (the one I have) only lasted less than a year. The Rev E. anniversary is coming up in a few months and I'm wonder if there is any talk about a new model coming out? I got burned the last time by buying a model D and then the E came out a few months later. I would have gladly waited for the newer model that comes with the auto bed leveling feature seeing how my biggest problem right now is leveling the bed.

Anyways, are there any talks of a Rev. F for dual extruders?
link to auto-bed levelling of Rev E. printers?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Read it off the makergear website somewhere. Are you implying it doesn't have auto-leveling? Whether it does or not, I would have gladly waited a couple months for the newer model, seeing how it's a very large purchase. Have you heard anything about a Rev. F? That's my main concern for this thread.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

If they are coming out with a new model, they tend to test out the improvements using volunteers from the forum several months before it happens.

Haven't seen anything lately, you should be safe picking up a Rev.E.

thunderbt3

Post by thunderbt3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Spencer wrote:Read it off the makergear website somewhere. Are you implying it doesn't have auto-leveling? Whether it does or not, I would have gladly waited a couple months for the newer model, seeing how it's a very large purchase. Have you heard anything about a Rev. F? That's my main concern for this thread.
From MG's website"
With its steel frame and CNC machined cast aluminum construction, the M2 is engineered and manufactured to provide industrial level precision with a small footprint. The new four-point print bed is easy to level, stays level, and removes the need for z-compensation (aka “auto-leveling”). Whether you are a professional or a weekend hobbyist, the M2 is built to run and built to last.
The M2 does not have auto leveling, but there is an automated leveling procedure that's on the Rev. E's

insta

Post by insta » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm

thunderbt3 wrote:
Spencer wrote:Read it off the makergear website somewhere. Are you implying it doesn't have auto-leveling? Whether it does or not, I would have gladly waited a couple months for the newer model, seeing how it's a very large purchase. Have you heard anything about a Rev. F? That's my main concern for this thread.
From MG's website"
With its steel frame and CNC machined cast aluminum construction, the M2 is engineered and manufactured to provide industrial level precision with a small footprint. The new four-point print bed is easy to level, stays level, and removes the need for z-compensation (aka “auto-leveling”). Whether you are a professional or a weekend hobbyist, the M2 is built to run and built to last.
The M2 does not have auto leveling, but there is an automated leveling procedure that's on the Rev. E's
manu-matic leveling procedure*
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 pm

thunderbt3 wrote:
From MG's website"
Oh! Okay that clears it up. So basically you don't have to do it manually. I would love to have that! :D

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

insta wrote:
thunderbt3 wrote:
From MG's website"
manu-matic leveling procedure*
Ah, okay I read the website wrong. Does that mean it's not all done manually, but it's more software assisted?

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Jules wrote:If they are coming out with a new model, they tend to test out the improvements using volunteers from the forum several months before it happens.

Haven't seen anything lately, you should be safe picking up a Rev.E.
Okay thanks Jules :D

thunderbt3

Post by thunderbt3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Spencer wrote:
Ah, okay I read the website wrong. Does that mean it's not all done manually, but it's more software assisted?
Bingo!