Minor design flaw on M2 Rev E.

General discussion topics
Expresso

Minor design flaw on M2 Rev E.

Post by Expresso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 am

I just noticed that under certain conditions, the bed hold-down clips will collide with the X axis rail hold-down bolt nuts (see attached picture). This will happen when the parts being printed are close to the rear edge of the bed and when the clip is angled just right.

Perhaps I am being unreasonable here, but I would expect that something like this should never happen under normal operation conditions. If you ask me, the bed hold-down clips (or something else) needs to be redesigned so that the parts never collide, no matter the angle of the bed hold-down clips.

Has any one else experience this?

Thanks.
Attachments
Crash.png

Jules

Re: Minor design flaw on M2 Rev E.

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 am

Yes, it's written up in the Beginner's Guide. Just make sure you keep the clips running parallel to the long edge of the plate.

Expresso

Post by Expresso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm

How long has this been a known issue?

I don't have the printer documentation with me right now but I don't remember reading anything about this in the user guide nor do I remember seeing a warning on the printer advising to align the clip in a certain way (this is were I would expect this type for the warning to be) but maybe I totally missed it.

Thanks.

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Expresso wrote:How long has this been a known issue?

I don't have the printer documentation with me right now but I don't remember reading anything about this in the user guide nor do I remember seeing a warning on the printer advising to align the clip in a certain way (this is were I would expect this type for the warning to be) but maybe I totally missed it.

Thanks.
Think of it as a learning opportunity. It's not an issue at all if you use the clips as they were intended to be used. I understand you didn't see those instructions, but now you know. Problem solved.

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:13 am

It's item number 6 on page 5 of the Beginner's Guide - the one for the Rev.E machines.

Link here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3542