General discussion topics
Pekish79

Re: The State of the Gear

Post by Pekish79 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 am

I really like the 300x300 bed space 0___0 when when

Hugs

Post by Hugs » Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 pm

sprior wrote:Finally, does this mean that the bed leveling wizard has been ported to be a plugin for OctoPrint (is this what makes the "MakerGear version of OctoPrint"?) If so, is that plugin available for those of us already using OctoPrint?
I'd love an answer to this one too... Hopefully it's "yes and yes"!

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

We'll make everything we can make available, available as soon as we can. Right now we are focused on getting the M3 shipping.

@Tim - yes, you were certainly an influence on the dual.

Rick

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu May 18, 2017 1:45 am

rpollack wrote: @Tim - yes, you were certainly an influence on the dual.
Aww, you just made my day, Rick! :D

NF6X

Post by NF6X » Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 am

Yesterday I brought my M2 Dual into work to run off a print we needed, and to show it off to the team. It made a nice splash! I was recommending that we get an M2 single since it's available Right Now at Amazon, and I expect that the MakerGear folks are going to be hammered with bringing up the new model production for quite a while. But our mechanical engineer is intrigued by dual extrusion, so it looks like we have buy-in with the team and the big boss to get an M3 independent dual! Since we'll apparently be waiting at least a few months for it, I'll continue filling in by printing stuff at home on my M2. I still hope that I will also be able to upgrade my home printer to independent dual, but it will be very nice to have a shiny, new M3 independent dual at work, where we can find plenty of reasons to keep it warm. We still expect to send some jobs out for professional SLA printing, but we'll get a lot of value out of having our own FDM capability in the lab.

nickpeck41

Post by nickpeck41 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm new to the MG family and I can't wait to pick up my M3 next week! Luckily I work right down the road off of 271 so it's like 8 minutes away :) I love the changes made for the M3 vs. the M2's and is exactly what I'm looking for.

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Whoever gets the first M3, we want to hear all about it!

Ryan_

Post by Ryan_ » Tue May 30, 2017 7:17 am

Will the Octoprint controller and auto/true - leveling be available as an upgrade for the M2? I have a revision D with a V4 hot end.

sprior

Post by sprior » Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 pm

While I appreciate that the MakerGear folks are probably working like crazy to get the M3 shipped, I'm a bit concerned that the opportunity for buzz over this announcement has been lost a bit. The announcement at Rapid was probably great and the sales part of the MakerGear website gives the overview bullet points, but there really aren't more specific details available anywhere else and anyone coming to this forum will find very little chatter about the new models besides this thread. I know before I bought my M2 (which I'm still very happy with BTW) I made sure to check this forum both for signs of life and to see the quality of support I'd be getting. While I now know how great the product and community are, a newcomer wouldn't necessarily see that right away with the current level of activity.

Seeding a thread with some technical details would at least give us something new to talk about.

ErikAkia

Post by ErikAkia » Wed May 31, 2017 5:08 pm

I bought my M2 kit as a preorder in October 2012, shortly after the original release when they were transitioning from the mosaic to the M2. I waited about 2 months for the printer.
I would imagine that they learned a lot from the experience and are working on a phased roll out of the new M3.

Release the new model to your fan base and generate some interest but hopefully not more than you can satisfy.

Then as you work out the kinks in the new supply chain, manufacturing and get caught up with your presales, you start to advertise it to everyone else. You will notice that they are not listing them on Amazon yet.

These transition periods are always hard on a business. They might not need any more interest generated right now.