extrudre fan not turning on

General discussion topics
9alfred99

extrudre fan not turning on

Post by 9alfred99 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:31 pm

I have installed an E3d Clone on to an older Makergear M2 I acquired with a Rambo 1.3 board. Since I had to change the thermistor in the source code and the previous owner had no idea was loaded, I am starting from scratch.

Marlin 1.0.2 as base.

In testing I notice the extruder fan does not turn on when heating the extruder. The extruder goes to set point 195 and levels out, but no fan and the top of the e3d above the cooling fins in the mount, get very, very warm. In fact hot to the touch.

I can turn on the part cooler fan with connected X11 pins 3&4, FAN_0 on schematic, pin 8 in pins.h
M106 S255

However, for the extruder/electronics Fan
M108 S255 does nothing. This should turn on X11 pins 7&8, Fan_1 on schematic, arduino pin 6. I can find NO reference to it in pins.h.

Now, at first I thought the MOSFET output was bad as the LED5 did not light up. However, I used arduino example blink.cpp as a base, changing pin 13 to 6, same as FAN_1. And LED% blinks on & off. So, the output is working.

Now, in the Marlin software for Rambo where do I find pin declaration for FAN_1?

tj