M3 - Initial impressions

General discussion topics
Evan

M3 - Initial impressions

Post by Evan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi All,

Brand new M3 user here. Received yesterday. I only had time last night to print the Makergear keychain after setting up the printer and software. Initial impressions after removing it from the box was how well built the M3 is. Attention to detail and quality are awesome. I like US made products and this machine confirms that. The package arrived at my door in Australia in a little under a week via FedEx.

Setting up Octoprint/network - I struggled a little with this as there's not a lot of documentation. After scratching my head for an hour I finally worked it out. Calibration of the build platform was easy and well illustrated. I have just started another test print sliced in Simplfy3D and everything seems to be working well.

Thank you Makergear!

Evan

Re: M3 - Initial impressions

Post by Evan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:09 am

The M3 continues to impress. Extremely happy with this printer. My other printer is a Zortrax M200, which is considered highly if you read the reviews etc. Without going into detail, I have not been happy with it and I was initially concerned about purchasing another printer based on my experiences with the Zortrax.

So I now have it setup and working perfectly via my iPad and Octoprint with the help of Dropbox for file transfer. I slice on my desktop PC and save to dropbox - quite a simple workflow from Simplify3D to the M3. I am currently calibrating different materials I use often with the help of the thread posted here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=196

Plan to start some real printing this weekend.