M3 Basic capabilities

General discussion topics
Post Reply
mjn
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm

M3 Basic capabilities

Post by mjn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Will the machine and included software support printing two different materials on the same object?
W the software support different layer thicknesses for the outer shell, a 2nd layer, and a fill cavity? The fine resolution is nice but only useful on the outer surface.
Is there a list of confirmed filaments (Brand +Model) and the associated setting for these products?
Is there a service provider in the SF bay area using this machine?
Are there authorized repair centers in the SF Bay Area?

User avatar
zemlin
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: M3 Basic capabilities

Post by zemlin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:18 pm

mjn wrote:Will the machine and included software support printing two different materials on the same object?
The M3 single is a single-extruder printer. You need the M3 dual extruder to print mixed materials.
mjn wrote:W the software support different layer thicknesses for the outer shell, a 2nd layer, and a fill cavity? The fine resolution is nice but only useful on the outer surface.
That is a function of the slicer. Simplify 3D will allow you to skip layers on the infill, and tweak the extrusion width to compensate for the different layer thicknesses inside and outside.
mjn wrote:Is there a list of confirmed filaments (Brand +Model) and the associated setting for these products?
Makergear will only officially endorse Makergear filaments, but if you browse the Filament section of this board you'll see that folks are printing a very wide array of materials.
mjn wrote:Is there a service provider in the SF bay area using this machine?
Are there authorized repair centers in the SF Bay Area?
I believe the only repair center is the mothership near Cleveland. I have done my own repairs.

Post Reply