Rambo Price Difference?

General discussion topics
jhaupt

Rambo Price Difference?

Post by jhaupt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm sorry for this unabashedly miserly question, but Ultimachine sells the RAMBo v1.3 for $150 and Makergear has it at $170. Is there a difference?

My RAMBo 1.1b smoked itself today.

~Justine

Tim

Re: Rambo Price Difference?

Post by Tim » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Seems like a bargain. Where are you seeing it for $150? I checked various places and I could only find it selling for $170 to $185. I expect MakerGear was just going with the flow. If there has been a price break, everyone will eventually follow. The MakerGear machines are open hardware (hooray for MakerGear!) so a RAMBo v1.3 is a stock part, and anywhere you can get it, it will be firmware compatible (as long as the revision is the same).

jhaupt

Post by jhaupt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Thanks Tim, I thought so.

Ultimachine has it here (board-only option selected): https://ultimachine.com/products/rambo- ... 8330269063

~Justine

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:41 am

I noticed that the places selling for $170 to $180 are including a package of endstops, and most of them (e.g., matterhackers or through amazon) don't have an option for the board only without extra parts. Only the web page you linked to has the board-only option at $20 cheaper. As far as I can tell from the MakerGear shop web page, though, they're selling the board only, which makes sense if it's a replacement part. The extra $20 is probably for covering the overhead of installing the M2 Rev E firmware on the microSD. Undoubtedly there are plenty of people who would spend $20 not to have to figure out how to flash a firmware.