Ultra One First Impressions

General discussion topics
jhaupt

Ultra One First Impressions

Post by jhaupt » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:48 pm

It's awesome.

I ordered one at work a few months ago and at this point I've been working with it for a few weeks. We haven't done much needing dual-head functionality yet but I'm impressed by the print quality; It outdoes my M2 and it blows away our TAZ. First time setup was easy and the build quality is exceptional. The filament compartment and guide tubes are thoughtfully designed but one of my only complaints is that it doesn't fit 3kg spools. This is minor as it's easy to position a standalone spool holder next to the printer with the filament compartment door open. I also plan to put a PEI surface on one side of the build plate so we still have the option to flip it and use the kapton. I do wish PEI were standard.

If we find ourselves needing yet another printer it will be a no-brainer to buy another of these. I would choose this over (for example) a Stratasys any day.

~Justine

rpollack

Re: Ultra One First Impressions

Post by rpollack » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you for posting Justine!

Rick

sthone

Post by sthone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Does the Ultra one still use printed parts such as the exruders or is it total different than the M2/3's? What does it use for hotends?

-Steve

AstroBuilder

Post by AstroBuilder » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi Justine,

Thank you for the feedback. May I ask what types of filament have you been printing with? How large is the object? And finally, are you using an air filtration system such as the BOFA 3D Print Pro 3 ?

Thanks.

AstroBuilder

Post by AstroBuilder » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:44 am

Hi Justine,

It's hard to believe that it's been more than three months since your post. Do you have any experiences that you can share with us?

Plus - If you don't mind my asking, why would you choose the Ultra One over a Stratasys?

Thank you.

AstroBuilder

Post by AstroBuilder » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi Justine,

Wanted to ask - are you still using the Ultra One?

Thanks.