Warm Up Program

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
Matt_Sharkey

Re: Warm Up Program

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:10 pm

insta wrote:This *might* be unnecessary. Our machines get a lot less load on them than CNC machines do.
jimc wrote:Yeah this was discussed once before and it was determined that it was basically a waste of time and unnecessary on our machines
Fun-suckers :|
Last edited by Matt_Sharkey on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alloy

Post by Alloy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:13 pm

JSC: I am a windows user, and I do not know much about coding outside of gcode. My coding experience does not go past gcode and matlab.

jimc and insta: thanks for the input. I currently running Dale's ending cool down script, and this moves the x full travel. I could just edit it so the y moves too and it would take care of this. Havent done anything yet...

insta

Post by insta » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Consider that for a long time we used printed bushings on sanded-metal O1 rods, and other parts of the machine broke before these gave out.

Now, we're using industrial-grade million-mile-travel linear rails at a laughable fraction of their actual loading capacity, and a nominal fraction of their linear speed rating, with neurotic owners who oil the rods five times as often as they are in an industrial setting they were designed for. I'm absolutely not concerned about them :)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Matt_Sharkey wrote:
insta wrote:This *might* be unnecessary. Our machines get a lot less load on them than CNC machines do.
jimc wrote:Yeah this was discussed once before and it was determined that it was basically a waste of time and unnecessary on our machines
Fun-suckers :|

:lol:

Alloy

Post by Alloy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:28 pm

insta wrote:Consider that for a long time we used printed bushings on sanded-metal O1 rods, and other parts of the machine broke before these gave out.

Now, we're using industrial-grade million-mile-travel linear rails at a laughable fraction of their actual loading capacity, and a nominal fraction of their linear speed rating, with neurotic owners who oil the rods five times as often as they are in an industrial setting they were designed for. I'm absolutely not concerned about them :)
Got to love an over engineered product

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:49 pm

..... with neurotic owners who oil the rods five times as often as they are in an industrial setting they were designed for.
I resemble that remark....ROFL! :lol:

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 pm

insta wrote:Consider that for a long time we used printed bushings on sanded-metal O1 rods, and other parts of the machine broke before these gave out.

x2

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 am

Alloy wrote:... I currently running Dale's ending cool down script, and this moves the x full travel. I could just edit it so the y moves too and it would take care of this. Havent done anything yet...
Alloy,

Glad you've found the scripts useful. I tried to comment them so each line's function would be understood. With those as examples and the reprap site's G-code page, you should be able to figure out what you need. I don't know about multiple G-codes on a line, though. Anything after the semicolon is treated as a comment. Not sure if there's a newline delimiter -- never tried, basically because I want to understand what each command does in isolation, so I've always put them one to a line with wordy-enough comments so I can remember what the heck I was going for. (My superhero name is "The Brainless Wonder" -- and my mild-mannered alter ego has the job title "Professional Crastinator". Turned pro back in 1980... and haven't accomplished much since then...)

Jules,

I always liked "I represent that remark" better, but I"m a minority of one on that one... EVERYBODY I've encountered uses "resemble". Don't know why my version never caught on... :ugeek:

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 am

Dale Reed wrote:....

Jules,

I always liked "I represent that remark" better, but I"m a minority of one on that one... EVERYBODY I've encountered uses "resemble". Don't know why my version never caught on... :ugeek:
The "I resemble that remark" is a quote from a movie, or maybe an old TV show......damned if i can remember which one though. (It was probably the only thing remarkable from the film). It's supposed to be funny, not correct. :lol:

It's like "I'll be Baaaaack"! It's just one of those things that sticks in your mind...........forever! :lol: