Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with the MakerGear M2

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
Jules

Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with the MakerGear M2

Post by Jules » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Many, many thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions and the editing on this thing, it is much appreciated! :D

This is a 26 page, detailed guide that will hopefully direct newcomers to everything they need to be able to find without having to spend all day searching for it. It also spells out a couple of the more important Settings procedures, for those who are brand new and a bit hesitant. (Lot of the information in it also appears in the Getting Started guide - this has been expanded for beginners and non-techie folk.)

(And i hope it will be a little easier to follow given the limitations of the forum format.)

Note: If you have the new M2 V4 Rev.E Printer, (shipping after 3/1/16), this guide is not geared to your printer. A new guide has been prepared for your machine, and has been placed in the "How To" section.

M2 Rev.E Beginner's Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3542.

Okay insta, handing off to you. (Hope you got all those matrices ready!) :lol: Whew!
Last edited by Jules on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

willnewton

Re: Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with the MakerGear M

Post by willnewton » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:16 pm

somebody sticky this!
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

insta

Re: Beginner's Guide to Getting Started with the MakerGear M

Post by insta » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Locking the topic to prevent it from derailing ... Jules has a great document here. PM her with changes and we'll get the thread updated accordingly.

This is definitely pro newbie material.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org