Disabled Motors not working...

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
makerg

Disabled Motors not working...

Post by makerg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Going through startup video and when clicking disable motors (on Simplify 3D), bed does not fall. It stays at home on the axis'. Wondering if this is new with the V4. Just go printer out of the box. Thank you for your help.

insta

Re: Disabled Motors not working...

Post by insta » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Are the motors locked, or is the axis sticky? Sometimes if you poke in the middle of the bed, it'll fall. This means you need more lubrication (lithium grease on the screw, 3-in-1 oil on the rods).
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

bsiu

Post by bsiu » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 am

I got my M2 V4 this week and have the same issue. The motors aren't stuck, it's more like the Z axis is "sticky". I can freely turn the Z knob and move the X/Y with "disabled motors" but the Z bed doesn't drop on its own or without manually turning the knob. I have ordered some lithium grease and 3-in-1 oil, just didn't think I would need it straight out of the box. On the bright side, the Z stuck at the Z stop makes bed leveling a bit easier.

jsc

Post by jsc » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:05 am

My M2 came with a tiny pot of lithium grease. But in another thread, someone said MG is now recommending 3-in-one for the threaded rod? I don't know what to think any more!

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:11 am

jsc wrote:My M2 came with a tiny pot of lithium grease. But in another thread, someone said MG is now recommending 3-in-one for the threaded rod? I don't know what to think any more!
I tell you what - if you overdo it with the lithium grease, threads get stuck in it and tend to make the bed stick pretty badly after a while. :roll: (Teeny tiny amounts of the lithium grease if you use it.)

I'd be happy to learn that they do recommend 3-in-1 oil now....can anyone confirm that?

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 am

as long as you can move the knob freely then thats all that matters. the bed doesnt have to drop on its own. things are new and a little tight. it will loosen up over time.