Replace Micro SD With SD Card

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
masnart39

Replace Micro SD With SD Card

Post by masnart39 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm wondering if there is any reason that you shouldn't replace the micro SD card and adapter with a regular SD card?

I've had issues with the adapter loosing connection when trying to load files from my desktop through the SD card slot. It seems dumb to use a small card and adapter instead of an SD card, but there may be a legitimate reason for it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Nick

Jules

Re: Replace Micro SD With SD Card

Post by Jules » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 am

What the heck, if you've got one on hand, try it and see. Aside from the awesomeness factor - (tiny is just so cool) - regular SD would probably work too. 8-)

Slipshine

Post by Slipshine » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:02 pm

I use a full size Sd card with no problems.

insta

Post by insta » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:54 pm

masnart39 wrote:I'm wondering if there is any reason that you shouldn't replace the micro SD card and adapter with a regular SD card?

I've had issues with the adapter loosing connection when trying to load files from my desktop through the SD card slot. It seems dumb to use a small card and adapter instead of an SD card, but there may be a legitimate reason for it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Nick
My guess: a full-sized SD card, and MicroSD card+adapter are the same price (some full-sized SD cards are just permanent adapters around MicroSDs!). Having the adapter makes the printer compatible with more hardware, like somebody who only has a MicroSD reader on their PC.

Now, why a PC only has a MicroSD reader SEEMED like a dumb possibility until I broke the SD slot on my USB combo SD/MicroSD reader
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

masnart39

Post by masnart39 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks for the responses. I tried it out, and no issues so far.