Need help with Curtis's Firmware that supports VIKI

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
jsc

Re: Need help with Curtis's Firmware that supports VIKI

Post by jsc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Do you have more than one card?

Try FAT16. FAT32 should work, but, you know, debugging these things is a matter of trying everything you can think of...

cliffwarner

Post by cliffwarner » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 pm

jsc wrote:Do you have more than one card?

Try FAT16. FAT32 should work, but, you know, debugging these things is a matter of trying everything you can think of...
I read about that and I believe I have that covered already. I tried the following:

Two cards:
1) Original 2Gb MicroSD card provided with my Makergear M2: FAT, Fat32, every combination of allocation unit size possible, full format and quick format. You name it I tried it.
2) Sandisk Ultra MicroSD 32Gb: (Fat32)

I tried two different adapters for MicroSD to SD in case it was the adapter. File names were really simple ma.g or ma.gcode based on what I read about long names, numbers or special characters being a problem. I have tried unplugging the M2 and powering up with the card in and plugging the microSD card in with the machine on.
I also tried the recommendation by TJ on this thread to modify the pins.h file as discussed here: ( https://groups.google.com/d/msg/makerge ... SjfpJwAuoJ ). All with no change, main screen says card inserted and first menu screen says No card Inserted.

So, interested in other options to try as I have exhausted everything I can think of.

cliffwarner

Post by cliffwarner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 am

OK, so problem solved. Not sure how, but it must have been a bad electrical connection. I took all the electrical connections apart as I wanted to replace the bolts that hold the rambo board in place with flat head bolts so it fit on the frame better. When I put everything back together, it worked perfectly. That is kind of unfortunate, as I did not identify the source of the problem, but problem solved. Part of what I did was to route the wires from the Viki in a different way, so it is possible it was an interference issue that was solved with the new path.

Once everything works, this is a great addition to the M2. The ability to adjust parameters on the fly is really cool and the time logging on the run and percent done is nice to have as well.

-Cliff