PETG fff

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
terrymcc

PETG fff

Post by terrymcc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Would someone who is successfully printing with PETG mind sharing their fff? I saw a post in 2015 but was wondering if things have evolved.

Much appreciated.

sthone

Re: PETG fff

Post by sthone » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 pm

If it was this post... those are still the go to settings.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 pm

just recently bought a roll of eSun white PETG and it is really nice for mechanical part! With a proper calibrated starting height and extrusion multiplier it prints just like PLA . Sticks to the polymide tape really really well, almost too well. I use canned air upside down to freeze the parts off so as not to destroy the tape which I have done. The esun prints really nice at 245 with an 85 bed no fan.. Really like the stuff for mechanical stuff but is a bit stringy.
PETG
endcap.jpg
bearing side.jpg
crumppled EPA in drive.jpg
custom spring loaded drive.jpg

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Use hairspray (Garnier Fructis #5) on the glass side of your build plate. PETG sticks just fine, and pops right off when you are done. If you flip the build plate, you may have to re-level. The thickness isn't uniform down to the level required for fussy prints. In my case, I used a micrometer and found that if I flip it side to side instead of end over end, it's close enough not to need re-zeroing.