another octopi-camera installation

Post your advice, tips, suggestions, etc...
jferguson

another octopi-camera installation

Post by jferguson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:25 pm

This is what I did:

The RaspberryPi case was designed in three parts so it could be printed on the TinyBoy (orange thing on right) which is an excellent printer if you can get your project broken down into components which will fit in its. 3.25X3.25X3.0 envelope. I print PETG on everything I do on the M2 and leave a roll of PLA in the TinyBoy for the occasional small parts.

The black clip was made for an earlier Pi-Camera. The white one needed some tweaking because the Raspberry folks modified the design slightly.

I'll add a photo of the view this had. It's not exactly panoramic but you can clearly see how printing is going - especially if there is a snarl.
Attachments
octopi1.jpg
camera-clip.jpg
octopi2.jpg
Last edited by jferguson on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

makeal

Re: another octopi-camera installation

Post by makeal » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm

jferguson wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:25 pm
This is what I did:

The RaspberryPi case was designed in three parts so it could be printed on the TinyBoy which is an excellent printer if you can get your project broken down into components which will fit in its. 3.25X3.25X3.0 envelope. I print everything I do in PETG on the M2, and leave a roll of PLA in the TinyBoy for the occasional small parts.

The black clip was made for an earlier Pi-Camera. The white one needed some tweaking because the Raspberry folks modified the design slightly.

I'll add a photo of the view this had. It's not exactly panoramic but you can clearly see how printing is going - especially if there is a snarl.
Can you post a capture from the pi camera? from the pictures it doesn't look like it has a clear view of the bed. what about when bed drops lower during do you still see entire print? or is this just for current layer printing?

jferguson

Post by jferguson » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:32 pm

I'll try to get a shot later today. you are right, it only sees the level where the printing is occurring, and it isn't great, but then it was simple to do.

jferguson

Post by jferguson » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Voila!!
Screenshot from 2018-09-23 12-20-00.jpg
i suppose I should mention that I felt constrained by the short length of the Pi-Camera ribbon cable. I didn't like the idea of making an arm to mount the camera AND Pi-Box so I could have a better view. I thought it would get in my way. This setup doesn't.

I