This years Valentines Gift

Share your models and objects...
insta

Re: This years Valentines Gift

Post by insta » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Mike Hunter wrote:THANKS. Having the opportunity to draw from your experiences, as well as that of others, makes my transition to Additive Manufacturing much easier.

Mike H.
Oh you cheater you have a background in this 8-)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Mike Hunter

Post by Mike Hunter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 pm

insta wrote:
Mike Hunter wrote:THANKS. Having the opportunity to draw from your experiences, as well as that of others, makes my transition to Additive Manufacturing much easier.

Mike H.
Oh you cheater you have a background in this 8-)
35 years in the Manufacturing industry making (for the most part) Medical Implants and Instrumentation. It does help with the transition, but "adding material" and "removing material" are two different beasts. My next quest ... getting the proper S3D parameters for those parts with "bridging".

Mike H.
Continually learning and discovering.

jsc

Post by jsc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:30 pm

You will find a great deal of information on the internet regarding bridging, most of it contradictory. Bridge faster? Slower?

I've settled on a very slow bridging speed, 20 mm/s with 80% bridging extrusion multiplier works for me. If you do run some actual tests and come up with something better, I would love to know.

jsc

Post by jsc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Mike Hunter wrote:It does help with the transition, but "adding material" and "removing material" are two different beasts.
No waste, no swarf! Well, unless you count support material.