Please try out my sample prints!

Share your models and objects...
ScanningCars_com

Please try out my sample prints!

Post by ScanningCars_com » Fri May 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Hey guys, I just recently started a new business - my user name :) - www.scanningcars.com. When I first got my M2 about 2 years ago I really wanted to print out some model cars, however I found the selection lacking, or that the models out there were really hard to make watertight. So I decided it was the right time to start a business to fill that void! I've had a "soft" opening for about a month, and am about to go full production with a new car scan everyday, physical models via Shapeways, and a marketing blitz. Before I do that though I would love to hear any and all feedback on my models, pricing, website, etc. I have two free samples on my website, I am happy to reward valuable feedback with other free samples! Also like me on facebook :).

I use Simplify 3d and typically print them out at .1mm layer height.

https://www.facebook.com/scanningcars

insta

Re: Please try out my sample prints!

Post by insta » Sat May 16, 2015 2:22 am

best spam post ever

How do you scan the cars? I've got a few 2013 Hyundais I can add if it's an easy-enough process. Neat idea :)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

ScanningCars_com

Post by ScanningCars_com » Sat May 16, 2015 2:40 am

spam?! ;) I know its a shameless plug :). I have a Faro Freestyle that I scan them with, although some were scanned with a Faro X330. Then a process I developed to make them into watertight meshes.

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Sat May 16, 2015 3:33 am

I have a '62 Corvair Monza 4-door. (My grandmother bought it when she retired.) I bet the members of CORSA (Corvair Society of Amer.) would love to have a 3D-printable model. Too bad my dad sold our '65 Corvair Corsa 180 HP turbo. (The '62.5-'64 Spyder became the Corsa for '65 and '66.) That was a REALLY sweet looking car! (The buyer didn't want the wire-wheel spinner hubcaps, so I have those on the Monza. But I have the original hubcaps up front in the trunk.

ScanningCars_com

Post by ScanningCars_com » Sat May 16, 2015 11:30 am

I'm hoping to hit a bunch of niche markets like that. Also, my dad had a Corvair Turbo as his second car (I believe), so Corvairs are near the top of my long list!