UN-solved: Need a S3D GCODE

Share your models and objects...
insta

Re: Need a S3D GCODE

Post by insta » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Matt_Sharkey wrote:
insta wrote:Open a support ticket. MakerGear has this GCode for a v3b machine.
do I send them the same specs, or is it a generic gcode?

I'm having a nighmare trying to level this bed...
The bed level won't matter too much for the small filament drive, adjust the Z manually with the knob to get it started, adjust the flow with the host computer while it's running. Take what you can get to get up and running. :p
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Matt_Sharkey

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:54 pm

well this print isn't necessary right now, but I was hoping to run off a couple just in case.

Here are my calibrations:
Z-Offset -0.05
Multi: 1.05

You can run with that now, jules, In the future Ill open a support ticket.

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 pm

OkeeDokee! Here it is:
FILDR.zip
Filament Drive
(775.27 KiB) Downloaded 415 times
I lowered your infill to 60% (plenty) and turned it on the bed so that the "easiest to remove" support was generated. My code also has jin's decelerator in it, and it will drop the platform to about z190 when the print is done, cut off both fans and the heaters, etc. (Don't get freaked out if it's not what you're used to seeing. :D )

There's no support possible for the filament holes (you'd never get it out of there), so you still need a long 2mm drill bit to ream out those holes before you can use it. Twirl it gently in the hole with your fingers, not a drill, yadda, yadda, yadda....you know the gig.

Let me know how it turns out. :D

Matt_Sharkey

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks Jules! I'll let you know this evening!

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Jules wrote:There's no support possible for the filament holes (you'd never get it out of there)
On the contrary, while I don't recommend support through the filament holes, I've done it before (not intentionally), and it pulled right out.

I have a spool of 14 gauge (2mm) steel electric fence wire, and I find that it's perfect for reaming out the filament hole on the drive mount. When I can run the fence wire all the way through the mount by hand, the hole is perfect.

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Tim wrote:
Jules wrote:There's no support possible for the filament holes (you'd never get it out of there)
On the contrary, while I don't recommend support through the filament holes, I've done it before (not intentionally), and it pulled right out.
With PETG??? How the hell did you reach it? :shock:

(Perhaps i should amend that to read "eSun black opaque PETG"....maybe the translucents aren't quite so sticky. I accidentally filled my first one too with the black and had to turn that one into a learning experience. :roll: )

Matt_Sharkey

Re: SOLVED: Need a S3D GCODE

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 pm

ugh PETG is sometimes TOO sticky...

of course after I went through the calibrations and Jules so kindly sent along the Gcodes, the NEMA motor mounts just arrived. MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION.

insta

Post by insta » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Matt_Sharkey wrote:ugh PETG is sometimes TOO sticky...

of course after I went through the calibrations and Jules so kindly sent along the Gcodes, the NEMA motor mounts just arrived. MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION.
nope, do it. Doesn't impact the printer in any negative way.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Matt_Sharkey

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

lol insta, the little devil on my shoulder. I was going to do the motors, extruder mount, and filament, all at once. I'll try to exercise restraint.

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:33 pm

Whoa....Matt, hold off on printing that drive, I just flipped it over and realized you're missing some rather critical support in there. (The hazards of manual support generation.) I'll update this with the corrected file in a few minutes.

I do hope you gave in to temptation and messed with the gaskets........
FILDR2.zip
Version 2, with corrected support in the hidden hole
(779.83 KiB) Downloaded 414 times