M2 Z-Axis Caps

Share your models and objects...
zemlin

M2 Z-Axis Caps

Post by zemlin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:15 am

I'm getting ready to make some alternative build platforms and the thickness is going to vary. I wanted an easy way to offset the Z-Axis stop without having to adjust the bolt every time I swap out a built platform.

When printed with a .1mm layer, these caps provide a range of offsets from .1mm to 5.8mm by simply dropping a cap over the head of the Z-Axis stop bolt. Make sure your bed is good and level before printing these. The different thicknesses are not identified in the model. I'm going to mark them with a Sharpie before I pull them off the built platform.

https://grabcad.com/library/makergear-m2-z-axis-caps-1

sTaLa

Re: M2 Z-Axis Caps

Post by sTaLa » Sun May 21, 2017 3:56 am

Mmmm... why don't you just change the starting heigth from sofware using these lines? The quote below is from someone else on the forum.
Use M501 to read the EEPROM parameters,
Look for M206. (it should look something like M206 X0.0 Y0.0 Z-6.0)
You can then adjust it using M206 Z[new value]
and then M500 to save it to the firmware.

This is much easier if you just want to change the height a bit with out having to run the program and use feeler gauges. (this is not for initial setup though.)

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 pm

At the time I posted this I was new to all this and running a REV D M2 with the switch up high. I have since moved to a REV E machine and do it all with G-Codes.
Thanks.

sTaLa

Post by sTaLa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Oh that makes sense!