Super fast flute

Share your models and objects...
ketil

Super fast flute

Post by ketil » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I designed a really simple flute that prints fast and makes noise. :) Also useful to play with "minimum time per layer" setting. I'm down to 3 seconds per layer when printing PLA with the fan on (slic3r's default is 15).

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:297867

MichaelH

Re: Super fast flute

Post by MichaelH » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Nice done.
That is a nice instrument for the next Family Fun event where I present 3D printing. :D

Dale Reed

Re: Super fast flute

Post by Dale Reed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:04 am

ketil wrote:I designed a really simple flute that prints fast and makes noise. :) Also useful to play with "minimum time per layer" setting. I'm down to 3 seconds per layer when printing PLA with the fan on (slic3r's default is 15).
Hmmmmm..... I see a whole lot of filament, solenoid valves, one of our industrial controllers from work, an air compressor and the upper manual I have from a Hammond H-100 all coming together in my basement.

I would do this with white material, just so I could make it look like PVC pipe so I could have my own personal Blue Man Group pipe organ.

Geeez. I don't even have time to make the stuff already on my list! We should have Rick, Josh and the guys at MG HQ make it and take it to maker faires... HA!
Dale