Stand for Bob Parker "BLUE ESR Tester"

Share your models and objects...
Hugs

Stand for Bob Parker "BLUE ESR Tester"

Post by Hugs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Thought I'd share another one for anyone that has this meter.

Printed in eSun black PLA+:
empty.jpg
inserted.jpg
The case is one of the 1553 series from Hammond Manufacturing and they helpfully provide the .IGS and .STP files. So I ran the STEP through 3D Transform's online service and generated the STL.

Then I used that model as a "negative" to hollow out space in OpenSCAD.
oscad.png

OpenSCAD file including the STL for the case:
blue-esr-stand.zip
(442.43 KiB) Downloaded 756 times

Jules

Re: Stand for Bob Parker "BLUE ESR Tester"

Post by Jules » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Nice! :D

Hugs

Post by Hugs » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:25 am

Jules wrote:Nice! :D
Thanks, Jules :)

I'm not sure if it comes across in the pics but I did have some stringing issues with PLA+. The surface finish is gorgeous so the clean-up isn't really worrying me (plus it's my new right-hand extruder and I'm super pleased being able to switch between the dual extruders for single-filament prints).

As it's nothing I can't clean up with the X-Acto, my first course of action will be messing with retraction settings in Slic3r. I'm using 215-218 hot end temp as per a few of your and Insta's posts here.

Any thoughts about stringing with PLA+?
Last edited by Hugs on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:38 am

I haven't tried to print something that has that large of a gap between the posts in PLA+, so I haven't run into it myself. (That shape would be one prone to stringing.) Definitely tweak the retraction a bit...it should help. Maybe a slightly lower temp.... just a few degrees. And you can up the print speed some to give the nozzle less time to be inactive and drooling.

Oh, and rotate the shape on the bed so that the fan points at the nozzle all the time while it travels from one post to the other....(orient the holder along the Y axis instead of the X axis). Keeping the fan pointed at the nozzle path as much as possible can really help with drool strings. :D