Delta miter saw insert

Share your models and objects...
sprior

Delta miter saw insert

Post by sprior » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 am

As a learning exercise I designed and printed a new insert for my Delta TwinLaser miter saw. It was a VERY close fit, I had to rotate it to fit diagonally on the M2 bed and ended up with about a millimeter to spare.
Attachments
2014-06-24 23.03.32.jpg
(553.09 KiB) Downloaded 657 times

Dale Reed

Re: Delta miter saw insert

Post by Dale Reed » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 pm

sprior,

What material, bed prep, temps, etc.? Looks like the corners stayed down very nicely --- I'm guessing the rounding helped in that regard. Nice quality! Even with the 45 degree infill angle with the part more like at 30 degrees...

Dale

sprior

Re: Delta miter saw insert

Post by sprior » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks. I printed it with Makerbot blue PLA (their Greenwich store is walking distance from my office so it's just too darn convenient). I printed with rsilvers optimized PLA 0.2mm profile using S3D. 50% infill (probably could have gone a lot lower). I designed it in Autodesk Fusion 360, sliced with S3D, and I've got a Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint controlling the printer. Extruder temp was 225, bed temp 60. I printed on the glass prepping the bed with Elmer's Disappearing Purple Glue Stick which seems to give more stick than hairspray. Didn't have enough room on the bed for a brim and I even had to remove the binder clips. Didn't realize until today that I could have tried printing it on edge which would have given me a couple more millimeters if I had needed them. The piece did completely stay stuck to the bed, it was hard to get off the bed when done though I was a bit impatient and didn't let the bed cool enough before trying to get it off.