Ornament

Show off your prints!!!
ErikAkia

Ornament

Post by ErikAkia » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:51 am

I built a yurt platform for some friends and neighbors and then helped them erect it. They are very pleased with it so I thought I would make them an ornament for their tree.
I printed the red yurt piece in PLA and then the outer shell in my new ESUN PETG clear. After it had printed high enough I paused the print to drop in the yurt and then resumed.
I was wanting it to be as clear as it could be and so I was printing at 270. I did find that at those temperatures that some of the bits that stuck to the nozzle got dark brown and then would fall into the print and discolor it.
I had to use a raft and some support to get it started. I did not have any support at the top when it started to get flat and so it is a bit rough there.
Thanks
Erik
IMG_2112.jpg
IMG_2112.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 3813 times

jimc

Re: Ornament

Post by jimc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Thats cool erik. I tried a print the other day as well at 270 and found it definately made quite a difference in clarity on the yellow i was using. I dont recall having an issue with brown cooked plastic falling into the print but i didnt really look either since it printed overnight. Nothing was visible on the outside.