STEM event -- may I use your photos?

Show off your prints!!!
Dale Reed

STEM event -- may I use your photos?

Post by Dale Reed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 am

All,

I'll be taking my M2 to another high school STEM event next week. I'm also bringing a 2nd PC and 24" monitor with MSPowerPoint to run a PPS that is just a gallery of pictures of people's printed objects. I've seen some good ones here lately -- quite colorful, many of them -- and I'd be grateful if I could add them to the show.

So I hope those who have posted to the showcase lately will please post replies to this post, or send me a PM, and let me know if there are pictures you've posted in the last few months that I can add to my PPS. I won't use them unless I have your explicit permission. (I'll try to include credit if I do...) Showing folks the possibilities with these pictures really helps them visualize the potential when I'm only there for a couple hours and can only print a couple items (or a few bracelets) with whatever color I have with me.

(Special props: Rick, thank you for your past generosity in letting me borrow your "tub - o - objects" to display. I may call in the next few days with details on timing to see if I can impose on you one more time... I really need to buy more colors of filament and find some time to print my own "display" pieces.)

Unfortunately, the odds are slim that I'll be as fortunate as I was last year when I had three cheerleaders help carry all my stuff into the school. To be 17 again.... :o
Dale

jsc

Re: STEM event -- may I use your photos?

Post by jsc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 am

You're welcome to any of my photos, if they be worthy.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:07 am

same here
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:20 am

You can take anything I have here or on Thingiverse, and if you need a high-resolution version of anything, just ask, because I always crop them and then halve the size before posting to Thingiverse (or to the forum, for that matter).

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:10 am

same here dale

Bratag

Post by Bratag » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:43 am

For what its worth - feel free to use any pictures you want

sthone

Post by sthone » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Same here if any of my stuff is worthy feel free to use them. (A lot of them are painted though)

Here's some quick links... (I probably have high res stuff to if you need it.)

http://www.thingiverse.com/sthone/designs
http://www.thingiverse.com/sthone/makes
http://sthone.imgur.com/

-Steve

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:39 am

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who gave permission to use their photos. I love the spirit of community and cooperation and helpfulness on this board!

The STEAM event was a big success. (The "A" is because the Arts folks got in on the action. Pretty soon we'll add geography, philosophy, linguistics, etc., etc., and it'll be "STEAMING PILES" --- but that's a separate conversation!) I now have 90+ photos of objects printed on M2s, in a PowerPoint show (PPS) file that runs continuously, and several of the photos were helpful in discussing topics of interest to the students and their parents.

That said, as usual the most common questions was "What's it cost?"

I also want to thank Rick for lending me the "Tub 'o M2 Prints" so that people could see a variety of stuff in a variety of colors and materials that I haven't personally printed yet. I think all the borrowed objects made it back into the tub and back to MG HQ. (If not, I guess we can just print more.)

I'd post the PPS, but it's way over 30 MB now.
Thanks again, all! MUCH appreciated!
Dale

jsc

Post by jsc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:32 am

I'd love to see it. Dropbox or Google Drive?

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 pm

jsc wrote:I'd love to see it. Dropbox or Google Drive?
Hey, Jin. I'm having some issue with Google Drive. If you (or anyone else who wants a copy) PM me with a GMail address and I will send it to you there. I'm pretty sure they allow attachments that large -- the account came with 2GB of mailbox space, IIRC...