Tripod Head

Show off your prints!!!
Vprints

Tripod Head

Post by Vprints » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:53 am

My old head from the 80's broke a while back, and numerous epoxy & gluing attempts were getting progressively less successful.

May still just design & print the one broken part, but thought this would be a fun project. It's this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35682

Printed in esun PETg; 6 outlines, 80% infill.

Had to make my own shorter lock pins; the ones I downloaded were too long. (Guessing the plans assume ABS & shrinkage?) Also used hot glue to hold the top part together, and keep it from spinning. (Again, loose connection.)
tripod_head.jpg
tripod_head.jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
You can see a bit of the glue in this one -- and the bottom corner by the hole lifted up a bit for some odd reason:
tripod_head_angled_90.jpg
tripod_head_angled_90.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
-Vprints

Changing my world, one print at a time

PcS

Re: Tripod Head

Post by PcS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:01 pm

That's awesome !!!! Looks like it turned out perfect !!! I may have to look into modeling parts for my Nikon ! :D

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Great job! :)

Vprints

Post by Vprints » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 pm

PcS wrote:I may have to look into modeling parts for my Nikon ! :D
Yeah, one of the first things I did after getting my M2 was print a macro adapter for the Nikon F mount. It was a nice simple part to get my feet wet with ABS on. It printed pretty well, and fit OK -- but then I realized that even though I can run the camera in a fully manual mode, my lenses get their aperture from the camera body (D5200). So there's no way to set the aperture, since the lens can't communicate with the body through the adapter. :cry: Now I need to get an old fully-manual lens off of Ebay or something. ;)
-Vprints

Changing my world, one print at a time

PcS

Post by PcS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Funny I did the same thing lol !!! I have a few fully manual lenses off of eBay and have had great luck !!! The old lenses are fun to play with !!!