LED lit NinjaFlex Letters

Show off your prints!!!
atomholc

LED lit NinjaFlex Letters

Post by atomholc » Fri May 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I recently started printing with Ninjaflex on my Makergear, you can see the settings and tips on one of the other forums: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2212&p=11984#p11984

I am almost done but I wanted to share some of the pictures from the project. I have 2 more letters to wire then I am going to sew it on a black trucker hat for my girlfriend. It's going to be used as festival swag ... who wouldn't want a flashy hat with the word LOVE on it in big bold letters?! :geek:

Video of the LEDs in action. I am using Adafruit Neopixels & a Gemma chip
https://instagram.com/p/2aRRN1SbKZ/

I did a couple of runs with the letters to get them just right, my girlfriend recommended that I print the letters face down on the glass because it made them look smoother. Genius :twisted:

This is why you need to use hairspray when you print, otherwise you might have a casualty .. fortunately the other 2 letters survived.

Programming the chip with Arduino

Jules

Re: LED lit NinjaFlex Letters

Post by Jules » Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 pm

That is filled with Awesomeness! :D

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri May 08, 2015 11:04 pm

if your going to be printing alot of ninjaflex a good pair of flush cutters are your best friend. makes a breeze of post processing your prints

atomholc

Post by atomholc » Fri May 08, 2015 11:19 pm

jimc wrote:if your going to be printing alot of ninjaflex a good pair of flush cutters are your best friend. makes a breeze of post processing your prints
Agreed! I have a pair and it's awesome how quickly you can clean up a piece.

atomholc

Post by atomholc » Sun May 10, 2015 3:58 am

The hat is done! I think I might make the letters smaller for the next one ... but it's big bold and colorful. At least I will be able to find my GF easy in a sea of people 8-) 8-)