PS4 Mounting Bracket - Designed by me!

Show off your prints!!!
msmollin

PS4 Mounting Bracket - Designed by me!

Post by msmollin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 pm

I've been dipping my toe into CAD modeling using some basic software the past couple of months (although I've tried 3-4 times to learn OpenSCAD over the years... no go yet). This is my deepest step yet, and is good enough I wanted to share and get feedback.

Most of my designs come from needs around the house, although I hope to at some point start designing more things for cosplay items. For this, I wanted to get my PS4 off my desk which happens to be an IKEA Jerker: one of the most mod-friendly desks IKEA ever made.

After some measuring, I sat down and spent a few hours modeling different braces in 123D. I landed on this design which is (as the thingiverse description states) probably very over-thought and overly-large for holding the PS4. Honestly those buttress-style braces probably aren't doing much other than looking cute.

I welcome thoughts & criticisms. I'm hooked on modeling now, and I think I'm going to invest in a copy of Rhino so I can have a more solid (har-har) tool to work with - the free version of 123D is very poorly documented in my opinion.

Link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:924532

Jules

Re: PS4 Mounting Bracket - Designed by me!

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Very nice! (I had a tough time with 123D. Like you said, not enough documentation.) :D

PcS

Post by PcS » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:03 pm

very nice !! Looks very industrial. Maybe you could change your braces into something decorative and functional ? :D

Matt_Sharkey

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Great idea, nice design and engineering!
PcS wrote:very nice !! Looks very industrial. Maybe you could change your braces into something decorative and functional ? :D
Double controller holsters?