Residential house - LA

Show off your prints!!!
kartcrg

Re: Residential house - LA

Post by kartcrg » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:40 am

Ya keyshot is no good for exterior lighting. Below is about the best I've been able to get from it. I downloaded the trial of octane a while back and like it due to the fact that I have a better gpu than cpu so it's pretty quick but keyshot suits my workflow better and is overall faster for me for stills.

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:54 am

kartcrg wrote:the best I've been able to get from it
If that thing has pedals, I want one...

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Nice renders!

Just a small comment on your interior doors. The hallway door would probably not be as reflective as you have it rendered. There would be a much softer satin finish on things that see as much use as an entry door to help hide wear and tear over time. In a similar vein, the kitchen cabinets doors appear to be made of glass with wood behind them rather than having a gloss finish over wood. It is not easy to figure out the proper description, but in my mind, there is a difference between glossy and glassy. The reflection from each are a bit different from each other, perhaps not as "hard" on gloss over wood, due to light behaving differently as it travels through lacquer rather than glass and the wood being a less reflective substrate.

I do not mean to diminish your efforts on the renders, which are better than what I am capable of by far. I built and finished furniture and cabinets for 15+ years and just wanted to share my thoughts on an aspect of your renders I am familiar with. Sorry to be all anal-retentive and nit picky, just trying to be constructive. ;)
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:08 pm

i think it's a matter of price & type of use if u have kids if u clean urself and how much u actually use the kitchen vs some people has it for show and always eat out

i am sure satin is easier to deal with but in the render it look usually more plain as satin is the hardest and longest material to render and get right overall i could live with glossy but most of the time in rendering is quicker and more client effective to go glassy only technical people will pick on those difference

boffi.com many interior kitchen are glossy but i doubt those people ever use the kitchen

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm

That is true statement about actual usage! I was doing some work for a customer whose husband was the founder of an upscale clothing franchise. She had recently redone her kitchen and paid $30,000 for the doors for her kitchen cabinets. Yes, just the doors, which were imported from Germany and finished in a high gloss black lacquer, as you would see on a Mercedes.

We commented on their striking appearance, to which she replied, "I don't know why I have a kitchen. We have no idea how to cook." :lol:
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:57 am

Wow! Cool stuff! I don't EVEN want to know how that program works. I've got enough headaches.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!