Please don't share outside the forum.

Show off your prints!!!
Matt_Sharkey

Re: Please don't share outside the forum.

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Nice! the multicolor is great, i guess you're using it to measure tread wear? I like that you incorporated the metal insert too, some quality work here!

JeremyV

Re: Please don't share outside the forum.

Post by JeremyV » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 pm

The multicolor was for the artical that's coming out in the American farrier Journal. I wanted something that would catch the eye. I've actually been using multiple materals to add stiffness while keeping good traction and shock absorbing.

I would assume the perfect shoe will be made of at least 3 types of materals. Just tricky to figure out how to print them all together and have the different types bond to each other. In the future having dual extruders would really help because then I can make mechanical bonds so materals that stick together but don't bond well could still be used. Also the steel inserts will definitely add to the possibilities. I am working with a softwear designer to make all this user friendly for people who don't know Cad. Exciting times! I predict that within two years we will see printed shoes on horses in the Kentucky Derby.