Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Show off your prints!!!
Post Reply
apk
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:06 am

Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Post by apk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:54 am

My desk lamp was designed for a 35W, 12V halogen bulb... which gets ridiculously hot over time. I wanted to replace the halogen bulb with an equivalent LED bulb... but the bulb was just a bit too large to fit inside the ceramic enclosure. So... I printed a larger enclosure to accommodate the larger LED bulb, using blue filament to simulate the blue paint on the original shade...
Attachments
blue_shade_comparo.jpg

Bratag
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 am

Re: Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Post by Bratag » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:23 pm

apk wrote:My desk lamp was designed for a 35W, 12V halogen bulb... which gets ridiculously hot over time. I wanted to replace the halogen bulb with an equivalent LED bulb... but the bulb was just a bit too large to fit inside the ceramic enclosure. So... I printed a larger enclosure to accommodate the larger LED bulb, using blue filament to simulate the blue paint on the original shade...
Functional prints always make me happy. Nice one.

User avatar
willnewton
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Post by willnewton » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Bratag wrote:Functional prints always make me happy. Nice one.
Crazy, fire-hazard bundles of loose wires around make me happy. It means there are things too important going on to worry about basic safety. :lol:

As a former soundboard operator, I salute you.

Here's mine.
wire.jpg
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/about

apk
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Post by apk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:22 pm

willnewton wrote:Crazy, fire-hazard bundles of loose wires around make me happy. It means there are things too important going on to worry about basic safety. :lol:

As a former soundboard operator, I salute you.

Here's mine.
wire.jpg
Nice!

One of my motivations for buying a 3D printer was to attempt to declutter my space by printing enclosures for my many breadboarded/cabled together electronic projects. At this point, I'm not sure that the 3D printer will actually lead to decluttering anything... but hope springs eternal. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jules
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:36 am

Re: Larger Desk Lamp Shade For Larger LED Bulb

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:28 pm

apk wrote:...I'm not sure that the 3D printer will actually lead to decluttering anything... but hope springs eternal. :mrgreen:
Nope, I can tell you right now, it actually makes it worse! :lol: ;)

Post Reply