Hitman

Show off your prints!!!
jsc

Re: Hitman

Post by jsc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:53 am

My enclosure is for a custom PCB you can program with the Arduino toolchain, that uses a cheap ultrasonic sensor to flash LEDs according to distance. I use it as a parking sensor. https://hackaday.io/project/1218-ultras ... ut-arduino

Before 3D printing, enclosing an electronics project meant either bending sheet metal, buying an extruded case and designing around it, or stuffing everything into an Altoids tin. Now you don't have to worry about any of that, get the electronic bits working, then clad it nicely in some plastic.

charles.yates

Re: Hitman

Post by charles.yates » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am

Ah - that's cool. I have all the components for that too :).

Looks to me like an Arduino Nano should be a good fit for that - have a few and was working up to addressing those. Was considering cheating and mounting it on a mini breadboard to make the internal wiring that much easier. ETA: Scratch that - makes the box a ton bigger :). Will just aim to put it in upside down.

Like I said upthread, I was planning to start a new thread for my current project (dubbed the Doodalu :)) - it's starting to grow into a large catalogue of interlocking parts which allow room for the project to grow. The customisation tool currently looks like:
doodalu-early.png
Bit annoying that you have to do the manual setup (hiding code and instant update - 2 clicks too many :)). Next up are interlocking parts for a battery pack and network shield (I think I should be able to sandwich that in between the Arduino and touchscreen - will make for a big box, but will print in 5 parts and each part will be optional).

Anyway - will move this discussion in the next couple of days - think it's a fun little project anyway.