New Residential project

Show off your prints!!!
Pekish79

New Residential project

Post by Pekish79 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:58 pm

I am still working on it but I start posting some picture as i think i am 75% complete with the model

I have been using 2 different type of wood pla a copper pla a silver pla and white pla (i will add some forniture and people in red pla probably)

the building is composition of really a lot of files and i am not sure i have the energy to categorize them all and upload them on thingy-verse
some piece i actually had to print them twice with small modification of .8 or 1.2mm to make them fit perfectly

u probably can't tell from that picture but i installed LED at each floor for nights shoot i will do later on

this was difficult project as i decide to use multi material and the size is 40x40cm (scale 1:100) so i had to divide it in 4 part each floor and to make it more sturdy i never match the cut of different material they always overlap and it actually only had to glue the main exterior wall all the rest just perfectly fit (obviously it move if you bump in it)

I wont glue it as i need to reach the led switch of each led and the easiest way is to remove a piece and turn it on and place it back plus since i intend to add furniture it allow you to open up and look inside

Jules

Re: New Residential project

Post by Jules » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Sweeeet! :D

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:01 pm

the roof garden (grass) is made with an Alge pla
https://printedsolid.com/products/algae ... 6731007171
https://www.amazon.com/ALGIX-F1KG1ANAT- ... =algae+pla

the look pretty nice (not the cheapest material i guess)

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 pm

if you notice the copper material on the roof where is slanted toward the end when his thickness is .8 get a little fuzzy not as straight as when is thickness is 1.2-1.6 (i printed it vertically so the thickness is multiple of .4)
I am working on some render now i will post them once they are ready i think they help visualize the model as well i like to always do both at same time in my project 3d rendering and 3d model