Challenge - Spiral Stair

Show off your prints!!!
Pekish79

Challenge - Spiral Stair

Post by Pekish79 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:47 pm

I am working on this new residential building in Oakland CA and i am making a 3d model

I had to deal with the challenge of spiral stair and the challenge of using some Metal-PLA that really didn't like to stick the first layer... I admit that pla is more then 1 y/o but i keep them in a close box with some humidity absorption device

anyway it toke me 3 tries and 4 hour each time first time didn't stick second time the support were to dense and couldn't get them out.... 3th time the charm

each step is 0.8 thick and 2mm high

it was challenging but i got a better understanding of printing with supports as i usually avoid it completely but in this case was impossible to avoid

Jules

Re: Challenge - Spiral Stair

Post by Jules » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:33 pm

That would be a tough one to try and print for sure! Great job on it.....I don't see any support marks on the tops of your steps at all! :D

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 pm

here is the file if someone want to try
is in the right scale already
Attachments
STAIRS.stl
(125.28 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:01 am

Jules wrote:That would be a tough one to try and print for sure! Great job on it.....I don't see any support marks on the tops of your steps at all! :D

That would be a tough one to climb in real life too, I think I would be dizzy by the time I got to the top!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Pekish79

Post by Pekish79 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:23 am

Not sure I have a stair like that in Italy in Tuscany my parents go up and down many times a day, and they are not that young anymore

Three floors is not the end of the world (anyway, that's an emergency stair and wouldn't normally be used)

that's a project I did in 2010 I can't find a "real" picture with the star it look beautiful (and I picked the cheapest one)

obviously, in the USA I wouldn't be able to the Building code doesn't allow it since is the only way to access the 3rd floor (for the second floor there is an access from outside)
they will beach and moan that the railing is wrong the guardrail is wrong... dear lord American and their easy law suite

if someone is interested in beautiful circular stair (and not circular too)
here is the link
http://www.alfascale.it/en/

I know I know this is not an architecture site but I like to spread beauty around the world... American compared to European care so little about their houses...
Attachments
jD20tB-wnjc.jpg

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 am

Pekish79 wrote: American compared to European care so little about their houses...
No, we just like BIG ones. That is what matters much more here.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:16 am

I've seen some pretty crappy looking houses in other countries and some very nice ones in America as well. It all comes down to money. You go to the neighborhoods where people have a lot of money and you see nice houses, whereas you go to the ghetto and you see rat holes. That doesn't change no matter what country you live in.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.