VIKI2 LCD installation

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...

VIKI2 LCD installation

Postby morganfree » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello, good morning!
This is an old subject and for what I could read, maybe unresolved?

It happens that I bought an VIKI2 and after that I read that it might be uncompatible with my M2!!!!

Anyway, now I'm fighting to install it: I was folowing the instructions from VIKI itself and from your Wiki, but none of those could actually help me.
The screen is not working, evethough I switched the various firmwares that are available on both sites (besides the one indicated as the correct).
The most I could do is to illuminate the ring... but nothing else (back screen light is on but nothing on screen and button not doing anything).

As I said I was also checking the forum, but it seems that nobody could actually make that screen work or at least nobody leaved a record on the forum. Last posts about that screen are from 2013-2015...

My machine is a 24V PS with Silver/Black Z engine and updated to V4 hotend.

Can you please help me indicating which is the right firmware an possible modifications on it in order to make it work?
I followed the wiring diagram from VIKI for Rambo (http://panucattdevices.freshdesk.com/he ... 1043587235).

I'll appreacite a lot your help!
Best regards!
morganfree

Re: VIKI2 LCD installation

Postby insta » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I have a good deal of experience getting the Viki1 running (I have 6 of them...), but not the Viki2. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, since Panucatt and Marlin disagree about which pins should be used. The wiring diagram says one set, Marlin says another set -- both are right (since the pins are just generic I/O pins that can be remapped). If the Viki1 and Viki2 use the same-name pins on the LCD side, I'd use the M2 wiki wiring guide for it.

Or, buy a Viki1 from me ;)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org
insta

Postby morganfree » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

insta wrote:Or, buy a Viki1 from me ;)

hahahaha I guess that I'm reading that phrase from you since 2013 !!! hahahaha
I thought that during these last 4 years someone could actually install one of those!

I don't know what will I do with that beautiful Viki2! I guess they focused on beauty but not on compatibility/usability! shit
I'll try a little bit more... I've received some answer from MG and waiting for an answer from Panucatt ( :? :? )
If I get it to work I'll post the results here.

If I get tired of trying with the I'll PM you later if it's for real you want to sell one Viki1! I do want a screen and stop using a computer to control the machine...

We keep talking! Thanks insta!
morganfree

Postby insta » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm for real, man. You figure out how to get one to Brazil you can have it for $10 + the cost of shipping. I have a shoebox full of them.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org
insta

Postby morganfree » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Great! Let me find out how to deliver it to Brazil. I'll PM you once I find out. Thanks a lot!
morganfree

Return to Tech Support