New Rambo Z motor moving oddly

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
LonV

New Rambo Z motor moving oddly

Post by LonV » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Hey guys, I'm helping a friend with his Makergear M2 (I have one too though :D) and he's gotten a replacement Rambo board (because he had the one with the non-removable fuse) and I'm not entirely sure what firmware to install. It's definitely not 24 volt since it's older (late January 2013) and I've installed M2Marlin.zip as well as M2Marlinx1619V.zip...but both have a funny behavior on the Z motor.

X and Y move and work fine, but it's like there is no torque in the Z movement. The motor is operating...but will not lift up unless I provide it a little assistance. Even moving down can slip.

What could I be missing here?

Thanks for any info,

Lon

jimc

Re: New Rambo Z motor moving oddly

Post by jimc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 pm

The current setting in the firmware probably arent set right. The earlier m2's used to have z motors that got very hot. There were some changes at some point. I somehow recall a different motor being used back then. This newer firmware prob doesnt have current setting that match the older motor. Again i am just guessing. You should really send an email to support, rick or josh. link this post.

LonV

Post by LonV » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 am

Thanks Jim, that's good advice. Not sure why that didn't occur to me first (to email support) :D

-Lon

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 am

Sure lon, please post back what you find out