Extruder Not Heating At All

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
raynelang

Extruder Not Heating At All

Post by raynelang » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:47 am

Hello,

I just finished assembling my M2 and I am having issues getting the extruder to heat up. The thermistor is working correctly as I was able to heat up the bed and by keeping the nozzle close to the bed I could watch the extruder temp rise with the bed.

When I command the extruder to 215C as instructed in the manual for the V3b nothing happens. On the Ramps board I can see the LED turn on indicating that it is trying to power the extruder but it never heats up.

What I have tested:

1) I ordered a second extruder so I tried plugging it in. Did not heat up.
2) Checked the connection from Ramps to the extruder plug with a meter. No Issue
3) Checked the voltage across the extruder plug on the ramps board when on. Equals 0V.

Is there a way I can check that the 24V power supply is properly feeding power to the Ramps board? Do you have many issues with the Ramps board?

Just not really sure what to do next. Got myself a very cool, but expensive paper weight beside me right now. All help is appreciated.

jimc

Re: Extruder Not Heating At All

Post by jimc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:24 am

I highly doubt anything is wrong with the rambo board. Is the hotend plugged into the correct output so ket on the board. There are a couple outputs there. One is not used and for a second extruder.

raynelang

Re: Extruder Not Heating At All

Post by raynelang » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:51 am

I double checked just to make sure. I have it plugged into the output closest to the USB and reset button. According to the layout that should be heat for extruder 0.

If only it was that easy...... :(