x axis belt rubbing.

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
kosal850
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by kosal850 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:14 am

here is another view. close up
Attachments
belt rub2.jpg
belt rub2.jpg (449 KiB) Viewed 6230 times
belt rub.jpg
belt rub.jpg (408.53 KiB) Viewed 6231 times

User avatar
Tim
Posts: 1205
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:19 pm
Location: Poolesville, Maryland
Contact:

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by Tim » Tue May 06, 2014 3:01 pm

I looked at my printer and found that there is ample room for the belt on my M2; the slot is much deeper than the belt is wide. This is a late-2012 issue M2. I wonder if the belt has changed, or the printed part? For the record, my belt measures about 0.25" wide and the slot is about 0.30" deep. It would appear that at least one of those measurements is substantially different on your M2.

kosal850
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by kosal850 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Tim wrote:I looked at my printer and found that there is ample room for the belt on my M2; the slot is much deeper than the belt is wide. This is a late-2012 issue M2. I wonder if the belt has changed, or the printed part? For the record, my belt measures about 0.25" wide and the slot is about 0.30" deep. It would appear that at least one of those measurements is substantially different on your M2.
yeah i believe its the 3d printed belt clamp..If i can get a hold of that file i'll can remake it for a deeper groove. otherwise, I'd have to go the spacer route..
so far I have not been able to locate the current belt clamp stl file.. the one on the github is not the same one my m2 shipped with...

kosal850
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by kosal850 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

technical support guys got back with me.. here is the updated x axis clamp file. if anyone wants it .........but this might need to be fixed so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. If anyone can fix it.. please do and repost.. I just need the groove deeper so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. maybe 2 mm or so...
Attachments
m2 belt clamp with teeth.zip
(804.57 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

User avatar
jimc
Posts: 2888
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:30 pm
Location: mullica, nj
Contact:

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by jimc » Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 am

Just throw it in s3d and scale it in the z axis a little

markb
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by markb » Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

kosal850 wrote:technical support guys got back with me.. here is the updated x axis clamp file. if anyone wants it .........but this might need to be fixed so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. If anyone can fix it.. please do and repost.. I just need the groove deeper so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. maybe 2 mm or so...
I just got my printer 4/5/14 and the belt does not hit so I bet the file good to go the way it is.

kosal850
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by kosal850 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 pm

jimc wrote:Just throw it in s3d and scale it in the z axis a little
good idea.. i didn't think of doing that .. but technical support guys sent me an updated file with deeper grooves to print...
here it is one is 8.5mm deep the other is 9mm deep. I haven't tried it yet getting ready to start printing now.
Attachments
M2 Belt Clamp with Teeth9mmhole.zip
(660.08 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
M2 Belt Clamp with Teeth8d5mmhole.zip
(660.13 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

kosal850
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Re: x axis belt rubbing.

Post by kosal850 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:03 pm

markb wrote:
kosal850 wrote:technical support guys got back with me.. here is the updated x axis clamp file. if anyone wants it .........but this might need to be fixed so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. If anyone can fix it.. please do and repost.. I just need the groove deeper so the belt will sit lower in the clamp. maybe 2 mm or so...
I just got my printer 4/5/14 and the belt does not hit so I bet the file good to go the way it is.
not sure what happened with mine, maybe just a fluke in the 3d printed part..

Post Reply