Bed won't stop heating

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
mhorton

Bed won't stop heating

Post by mhorton » Tue May 06, 2014 12:56 am

I just printed 2 out of three parts to an object and they worked fine (by FAR, a record for me). Now, on the third part, the bed just heats up right past the temperature where I set it and keeps on going and the print never begins. I have a MakerGear M2.

In Simplify3D Creator, I set the extruder temp to 220 and the bed temp to 70. I use PronterFace to do the SD printing just because I prefer it. I warm the extruder up to 220 and the bed up to 70 and when I print, the temperature of the bed just keeps rising and rising and rising. It has gone up over 105 degrees before I unplugged it to prevent damage. These are the only two settings that I know of where a temperature is set.

I've turned the printer off several times. I've restarted both programs several times. I've recreated the gcode several times. I've even restarted the computer. None of these helped.

What else can I try?

jsc

Re: Bed won't stop heating

Post by jsc » Tue May 06, 2014 1:02 am

Please attach one of your gcode files so we can see what it's sending to the printer.

This only happens during an actual print and not during manual heating? If so, I don't think it's a mechanical or electrical issue, and most likely some setting.

You may have to zip up the gcode file to get it accepted by the forum software.

mhorton

Post by mhorton » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 am

Sure, here it is. But . . . I just ran the print with the Machine Control Panel and it seems to be working fine so far. It appears to be an issue with Pronterface, but what could the issue be?

Thanks!
Attachments
rpi_camera_top.zip
(51.34 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

jsc

Post by jsc » Tue May 06, 2014 1:19 am

Your file looks good at first glance. It has the bed set to 60.

If it runs fine in the MCP, my guess is that Pronterface is interpolating its own temperature instructions before your gcode starts. Check the Pronterface temperature settings.

mhorton

Post by mhorton » Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 am

There is only one setting in PF for the extruder temp and one setting for the bed temp. I've tried turning them off completely so that the gcode rules and I've tried using them to pre-heat the bed. Doesn't work either way. The extruder heats just fine. Maybe I'll uninstall and re-install pronterface?

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if it ever works out.