Power woes. Heater core shorted. Fuse?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
GadgetGuru

Power woes. Heater core shorted. Fuse?

Post by GadgetGuru » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 am

Greetings Makers. I have a problem with my M2 (24v)
In the process of working on the extruder J-head, I accidentally crossed the power wires leading into the heater block. Apparently some of the insulation had been pulled back. I heard a small pop* and the machine stopped working. I checked the big on-board 15A fuse, it's fine. The power suppy is working fine. I tested the voltage on the terminal block. I then proceeded to see if there were any more fuses on the RAMBo. I took my ohmmeter to what looks like SMD fuses near the power socket on the M2's RAMBo and found the one to the right of the socket was fine (0.1 ohms) and the other in front of the power socket read no continuity. I assume this fuse was poped when I shorted the heater core.

See image where the SMD fuse with no continuity is circled.

What is the solution to my dilemma? Could it be anything else? Is that fuse is what's keeping my machine from starting again? If so, what kind of fuse do I need to replace it?

Kind regards and keep on printing

-GadgetGuru.
Attachments
RAMBo fuse v1.1.jpg
bad fuse is circled.
(200.87 KiB) Downloaded 663 times

jdacal

Re: Power woes. Heater core shorted. Fuse?

Post by jdacal » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 am

There's some info on fuses here, not positive if its your exact board:

http://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo#Fuses
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:55 pm

They are called nano fuses. If you pull it out i believe there is a number on it. They are available from the typical sources like mouser, digikey, newark etc. if you cant find a number let me know. I ordered some once and i think the info is on the package.

SDSMT3DPC

Post by SDSMT3DPC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I just ordered new fuses for my M2 using the link by Jdacal. I'll give those a shot and let you know how it goes.