new hotend not extruding

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
jccdesign

new hotend not extruding

Post by jccdesign » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi , i bought a new hotend , because i had some clogging issue with the first one, installed it and started running makergear translucent blue pla , it just stops extrdung even when th gear still running. I dont know what can be causing this , im running simplify 3d, when i try to extrude the plastic using the jog control , it just stops . Please helppp , haha

jimc

Re: new hotend not extruding

Post by jimc » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:57 pm

i forget where we left on this. i assume your temp are high enough? did you try different filament? back the filament out after it strips out. measure from the 1/2 moon at the stripped point to the end of the filament. measure from the gear down the hot end and see at what point your having trouble.

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:46 am

yeah i ordered some makergear pla, tried and nothing, then took the hotend out and did an extrusion without the hot end , just pass the filament through the guide and noticed that there were very pronounced tooth marks on the filament. So i lose some tension from the idler, and nothing, so i took the tension screw out and put some washers between the gap to relieve some tension and so far it extruded nicely. I still have to do a test print to be sure.

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Too much tension and you can squish the filamet so its out of round and it will be too big to mek it through the hotend. I have never had that issue with abs or pla but the taulman bridge nylon does it very easily. I have yet to be able to even print that stuff. It just wont pass through the filament drive.

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:07 pm

well it started extruding ok for some couple of tries, and then it started again with the same shit , damn , i dont know what could be causing this.

jsc

Post by jsc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:43 pm

What does your first layer look like? Maybe take a picture? If you start printing too close to the bed, the pressure gets to be too much for the drive and strips it. Can also happen if your filament thickness is not set properly in your print profile, or if your extrusion multiplier is too high, or any number of other issues.

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:53 pm

I havent tried printing yet , this happens when i tri to extrude plastic in the jog controls in simplify 3d, i push extrude 100 , like i always do before a print , and it starts and then stops, its not clogged , its a new hot end , im using makergear filament , and i noticed that my new hot end changed color to a brownish color , in the first one that never happened

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 pm

My extrusion multiplier is set at 93%,the filament thickness 1.72mm

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Im also noticing that when the extruder gets to working temperature , the plastics is extruding more than usual by itself.

jccdesign

Post by jccdesign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Im running a small print now , let see how it goes,