Not sure if it's hardware or software

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
telephone1652

Not sure if it's hardware or software

Post by telephone1652 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi everybody,

So I just upgraded my hot end to the V3b with the core for the 19V machines. At the same time I upgraded to the new version of Simplify. For a second I was able to successfully extrude and control the machine, but now Simplify seems to freeze after a few seconds, or immediately following two commands sent via the control panel. Anyone else ever run into this?

jdacal

Re: Not sure if it's hardware or software

Post by jdacal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:38 am

The only time I've gotten a lock up on S3D has been on my laptop. But its either because the video card can't handle it or not enough memory. Locks up when I hit the "Prepare to Print" button. Sorry but that's all I can contribute, not likely to be your issue.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm

i have never had it lock up either. only appear to lock up during slicing if my support grid accidentally get dropped to some crazy low level. it takes forever to do the slice. other than that though i have never had an issue. check your normal things like the baud rate is set correctly, reset the rambo board then try to reconnect.

telephone1652

Post by telephone1652 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I upgraded to the correct firmware and then reinstalled simplify. That did the job.