please help

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
greg c

please help

Post by greg c » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:54 am

I just bought a used m2 and can't get it to work. Im using simplify3d software and have also tried to connect using print run. Same results. I can't get it to jog or heat up. It will home x and y axis but not z and I cannot manually jog through the software after it homes. The software is communicating but I get the error:
RECEIVED: Error:0
RECEIVED: : Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
RECEIVED: Error:Printer stopped deu to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)

I've unplugged and re-secured all the connections on the board and checked the voltage at the thermistor port and at the connector at the hot end and it shows 4.98 volts. Not sure if the z axis and extruder error or connected but I have no idea where to target my troubleshooting at this point. Please help if you can. Thanks!

insta

Re: please help

Post by insta » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:40 am

That definitely seems like a mechanical problem ...

Power the machine on, and let it sit. While it's just sitting there, unplug the thermistor from the hotend. You should immediately get the M999 error -- this is to reinforce that the error appears as soon as the thermistor disappears.

Reset the machine again, and start wiggling cables around until you get M999. If you cannot get the error, move the X axis and Y axis around (still jiggling cables) until the error is thrown. If it still won't do it, then try to power the hotend and bed at the same time. If it STILL won't do it, congrats your wiggling fixed it?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

greg c

Post by greg c » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am

it throws the m999 error as soon as it initializes when i connect via simplify3d. I'll try to wiggle everything though. thanks.

Capt. John

Post by Capt. John » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:55 am

How used is it, a better question would be what year it was made??

What kind of power supply and hot end?
Is the baud rate correct and does is communicate on USB port com 3?
Is there other devices using this same port?

I'm sure our more advanced members will help in trouble shooting your problems.
Capt. John
Manistee, Michigan
Reel Amateur at 3D printing
Fishing Tackle Manufacturer & Webmaster for:
http://www.michiganangler.com
http://www.michigansportsman.com

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 am

well the min temp is triggered or if it has been triggered that mean you tried to extrude plastic under the 170 deg limit. send code M999 to the printer (caps). turn the hot end on until you reach 200 or so then let the printer do its thing. if i remember right you need to clear that code even if you restart the printer.

greg c

Post by greg c » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:31 am

its the v3 not v3b hot end. its the 12v/19v dual power. I haven't extruded any material. I haven't been able to get it to heat up yet. it won't do anything but initialize and give me that error. also maybe of interest when its not connected via usb before it initializes with the software the upper fan barely turns on every second. Once it initializes, it goes full speed.

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 am

in s3d once it connects what does your hot end temp read.....at room temp? is there a zero in the box or a value of some kind?

greg c

Post by greg c » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:43 am

its 0.

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:50 am

Ok thats your issue right there. Once connected it should read usually low 20's at room temp. It will read zero when its not getting a signal from the thermistor. Could be bad thermistor, bad connection, broken wire, etc

greg c

Post by greg c » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 am

shouldn't i still be able to jog the axis's though?