Thin Wall Test

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Mike Hunter

Thin Wall Test

Post by Mike Hunter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Morning All:

I'm attempting to print a .05mm Thin Wall test part downloaded from ThingiVerse and I'm bombing big time. I'm using the latest version of S3D (V2.2.0) and no matter what settings I plug in, the part will not preview. I've searched the forum (used thin wall as criteria) and the responses didn't address my particular problem. I also looked at the "bracelet" gcode sent with the M2, which is the first print I did when the machine arrived and was set-up. The bracelet program was done in slicr and I attempted to match the two software settings the best I could. I'm attached the ".factory", ".fff file" and a .txt file with the bracelet settings.
I know it's my settings that are causing the problem, just don't know which one and how to adjust it. THANKS for listening
Thin Wall Test.zip
Files for Thin Wall problem
(10.41 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Mike H.
Continually learning and discovering.

Tim

Re: Thin Wall Test

Post by Tim » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Um, did you notice that you have "0.05mm" written up there? You have a 0.35mm nozzle; there's no way that it can print a 0.05mm wall (I checked the factory file; it really is something like 0.05mm). Most calibration objects are set to 0.5mm for thin-wall calibration. You need to scale up by about 10x to get something printable.

Mike Hunter

Post by Mike Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 am

Sorry. My bad.
I just checked the .stl file in Solidworks and it's wall is only .25 thick. The file I downloaded, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1637, states the piece is .5MM (I mistakenly didn't check my initial post for accuracy). I will build my own test sample and try again.

THANKS for the catch Tim

Mike H.

Mike Hunter

Post by Mike Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:53 am

Just finished building and programming a (true) .5MM Thin Wall part. I'll be testing it tomorrow.

THANKS

Mike H.