how exactly do i print with the SD card?

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
metrons

how exactly do i print with the SD card?

Post by metrons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 am

1. anyone have a close up image of how the cables should be plugged into the sd card and mobo? assembled the m2 my self and i couldn't find how to properly install the cables anywhere.

2. lets say i have my print ready to go from S3d...can i somehow export the print info or something onto the card and print? as is, i have to keep my laptop on ALL night with the usb printing. i'm not sure how the card works exactly, so maybe this is something i cant even do? i'd love to have my laptop free and also not waste power if i dont have to?

really appreciate any help.

cheers!

jsc

Re: how exactly do i print with the SD card?

Post by jsc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 am

1. Attaching the M2 Wiring Harness PDF from http://www.makergear.com/pages/m2-assembly-instructions, page 29.

2. Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT. Place the gcode file on the top level of the SD card, using an 8.3 naming convention (you can use .g or .gco as an extension). Safely eject the SD card from your computer, and remove it physically. Insert it into the SD card reader on the M2, and in Simplify3D's Machine Control Panel, select Print from SD Card in the Custom Commands group just above the jog dials. Select the file you want to print from the SD card. It will begin to print. At that point you can disconnect your USB cable from the M2 if you wish, but do not attempt to reconnect until the print finishes as it will reset the RAMBo.

metrons

Re: how exactly do i print with the SD card?

Post by metrons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am

So freaking helpful. Wow. I've reallywanted to know how to do this, did not even know if this is possible. I'm so excited to try this out. I can't thank you enough for the great information. this has been bugging me for quite a while now thank you